East Ridge Middle School
Home of the Tigers!
Welcome to East Ridge Middle School’s online home. We are part of the Ridgefield School District located in Ridgefield, Connecticut, and are home to over 760 wonderful students. Here at East Ridge Middle School, we are proud to have some of the best students, parents, teachers, and administrators around.
For information about our staff, events, and programs, you’ll find it here on our website. So take a few minutes to click around, and see what East Ridge Middle School has to offer you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.
8th - 9th Grade Transition Information
We are entering an exciting time for you and your child as we prepare for your child’s transition to Ridgefield High School (RHS). On January 18, 2017, you will have the opportunity to begin your initial steps in transitioning from middle school to high school. Members of the RHS administration and counseling department will host the orientation and we encourage parents and students to attend together. In addition to the presentation in the auditorium, there will be an opportunity to become acquainted with open-choice courses that will be available to 9th graders. We will showcase these opportunities in the Ridgefield High School Student Center.
Your successful transition to Ridgefield High School is important to us. The orientation program will provide valuable course selection information, explanation of course offerings, sequencing, procedures for you to follow over the next few months, as well as additional information found to be helpful in planning your first year at RHS. New this year, the middle schools are hosting a second parent meeting which follows the posting of course recommendations. At this meeting, you will hear about the course offerings/descriptions and sequence again but with your child’s specific classes in mind. This will provide you with an opportunity to ask specific questions about the courses.
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - Orientation in the RHS Auditorium
- 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - Suggested time for SRMS
- 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - Suggested time for ERMS
- Snow Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2017
We have indicated a suggested time for you to attend to avoid overcrowding. However, in order to accommodate your family schedules, feel free to attend either of the available times.
- Friday, January 27 - 8th grade teachers will speak with their students by team about available courses and the differences that exist with them.
- On or about Monday, January 30 - Portal opens with recommendations posted
- Monday, January 30 - Wednesday, February 1 - Students will participate in conferences with their 8th grade teachers to discuss recommended classes.
- Wednesday, February 1 - 8th grade parent meeting, hosted by ERMS & SRMS, in the ERMS auditorium at 7:00 p.m.
- Snow Date: Thursday, February 2
- Friday, February 3 - Thursday, February 16 - Teachers will meet with students to register them during the school day
In the event of a cancellation or an early dismissal of school, we will cancel the program for that evening. A snow date is included in the information above. If inclement weather occurs after the end of the school day, please check the district website for details. Also, please listen to WLAD 800 AM or WINE 95.1 FM for any weather-related announcements about RHS programs.