Frequently Asked Questions
We expect you to have questions about our policies and procedures. We’ve compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions to help you find the answers you need in a jiffy. Of course, if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, please contact us.
- What are the school hours?
- How can I order my child’s lunch? What do you serve?
- How will I know if school is canceled or delayed due to inclement weather?
- May I visit my child during school hours?
- How do I report my child absent?
- How will your school ensure my child’s safety?
- Is visitor parking available at your school?
- Where should I enter the school?
- How do I stay informed about RPS guidelines related to COVID-19?
- What school security measures are in place?
Our regular school hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. Our school office opens at 7:30 a.m. and closes at 3:45 p.m. On early release days, teachers dismiss their classes at 11:05 a.m. Delayed start days begin at 10:00 a.m.
ERMS provides full lunch service, sandwiches, and snacks for purchase. You can purchase student lunches via Cafe Prepay or with cash. Please see our district’s Food Services page for lunch menus. For questions, please call the Food Service Office at (203) 894-5550, ext. 22035.
It is our policy to notify parents immediately if school is canceled or changed for any reason. The primarily locations for closures or delays is the school website, ctweather.org, and text/email messages. We ask that parents sign up for the Superintendent’s News Service online. The following radio/television stations will also report school closures:
- WEBE 108 FM
- WEZN 99.9 FM
- WLAD 800 AM/98.3 FM
- WCBS 880 AM
- WFSB TV Channel 3
- WTNH TV Channel 8
- WVIT Channel 30
Since weather conditions may require additional communications, we recommend that parents continue to monitor these news outlets for updates.
Yes. All visitors must park in the visitor parking lot, check in at the school office, and wear school issued identification while on campus. We do not permit students from other schools to accompany ERMS students to classes.
You may report your child absent by calling the attendance hotline before 9:00 a.m. at (203) 894-5510.
Your child’s safety is extremely important to us. To help keep everybody safe, we ask that all visitors to our campus follow our security procedures. Visitors must enter the school grounds via the main entrance and show a photo ID. We will provide a temporary photo ID to wear while on our campus, which will expire at the end of the school day. We ask that visitors check out when leaving the school. Thank you for your support of this important security procedure.
Yes, the visitor parking at our school is clearly identified within the school parking lot. We ask all visitors to park only in visitor spaces to avoid a fine or ticket that may result by parking elsewhere.
We ask that all visitors to our school enter only through the main entrance. Only staff members may use their ID badges to enter through other entrances.
It is important to us to keep you informed about the guidelines related to COVID-19. To accomplish this, please review RPS' COVID-19 practices. This document will supply you with RPS' protocols and policy as well as advice for parents related to COVID-19.
Thank you for your close attention to the following reminders to keep RPS safe.
- All RPS campuses are closed to the public during school hours. Please do not use RPS grounds as a place to walk, a way to cut through, or for any other reason.
- All visitors must have an appointment with a staff member or a purpose for their visit.
- Once granted access to the building, please do not hold the door open for a different guest entering the building.