There's a lot happening in our vibrant and growing community! From important reminders to noteworthy events, we’ve included all the latest news here on one page. Make it your first stop when you visit our website to ensure you are always aware of what is going on.
Jennifer Roth’s East Ridge sixth graders planted bulbs for the spring. Roth writes, “in science, my students were focusing on ‘developing and using models,’ which is one of the science engineering practices (SEP) outlined by Next Generation Science Standards. Students modeled a bulb in their science journals and then had fun planting them in front of the school. Asking questions about the process and nature as we move through the lesson is part of the NGSS approach. We can’t wait to see the bulbs come up in the spring.
RVNAhealth has worked with Ridgefield Public Schools Nurse Aaron Crook to arrange flu vaccine clinics for all Ridgefield Public Schools families. Please note that Scotts Ridge Middle School goes to Ridgefield High School and Branchville Elementary School goes to Scotland Elementary School.
- Branchville Elementary School: Tuesday, October 26 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- East Ridge Middle School: Monday, October 25 from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Farmingville Elementary School: Wednesday, September 29 from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Ridgebury Elementary School: Tuesday, October 12 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Ridgefield High School : Monday, October 4 from 2:15 to 3:30 p.m.
- Scotland Elementary School: Tuesday, September 28 from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
- Veterans Park Elementary School: Wednesday, October 20 from 4:15 to 5:15 p.m.
As you are ticking through your back-to-school to-do list, please join your PTA. Every year, Ridgefield PTAs go above and beyond to work with staff to support our shared mission. Parent involvement comes in many different forms, and joining the PTA can be an important step in staying connected to your child’s education.
Find information and links for all nine schools on the Ridgefield Council of PTA’s website.
Please learn more about RPS current plans for the fall, which are required by the state of CT in order to access ARP ESSER funds in August (COVID relief funds).